Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow Freeze Columns in Dynamic View & better visibility to the row you're selected

Options

When working with a dynamic view that has conditionally formatted rows, it becomes difficult to see what row you are clicked on when making updates in the details pane. Also not being able to freeze columns is a major disadvantage.

22 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• PTAN3
    PTAN3 ✭✭
    Options

Will be great if we can add this function that will be helpful for people that is accessing Dynamic view with a lot of columns.

• Venegas
    Venegas ✭✭
    Options

Fully agree. Freezing the primary column would be a big help.

• Galexa0711
    Galexa0711 ✭✭✭
    edited 04/22/24
    Options

I agree having a column freeze option to dynamic views would be a great help. One of my dynamic views has 25 columns and the first column needs to freeze so you know which item you are looking at when scrolling to the right to see all the data. Thanks!!

Gina Alexander

Business Analyst Consultant, Client Delivery Assurance | Optum Insight Provider Market

gina.alexander1@optum360.com

• Todd S.
    Todd S. ✭✭
    Options

i would have thought over the years that Smartsheets would have added that by now.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

And wrap text by default. And show groups.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Koleen Steiner
    Options

Please update the Dynamic Views to expose the frozen column ability, when scrolling right - we lose the initial columns on the row. Better - add the ability to select a column to freeze on the initial settings tab - so the DV can have it's own frozen column and still not be changed if someone accessing the sheet removes or adds a frozen column!

AND please allow filters to be applied and shared with the URL on a DV. Nothing worse than to send a link and add instruction they must apply the shared filter - to view content that applies to them!! A current user view applied to a DV, then a shared filter on the DV - but you cannot set it as default! Please help.

Thank you!

**LOVE the ability to remove formatting, wrapping columns, and resizable columns! Do not mess with these loved features!

Koleen Steiner

IT PM & Smartsheet Guru, BeiGene, Inc.

• MadisonDail
    Options

We recently added on Dynamic View for help with vendor management and project management. A simple feature that would be beneficial to both myself and our vendors would be the ability to freeze a column like you can in a standard sheet / report.

I would love to see this added soon!