Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Option to Toggle off Admins Receiving Access Request Notifications

Options

With the new update rolled out last month, all sheet/workspace Admins now receive access request notifications instead of just the Owner. This is causing major headaches for the large corporation I work for.

We have thousands of users and many do need Admin permissions to perform their tasks in workspaces. However, they do NOT need to be reviewing and approving asset access requests. It's also incredibly annoying to everyone that unnecessarily receives these notifications.

We would like the option to change this setting to only allow Owners and Asset Admins receive these notifications.

The only fix I've seen offered so far is to lower peoples permission level. However, this does not work for our company. It would cause an unnecessary burden on our teams to demote everyone to Editors and then have to go in and give Admin permission to any specific assets within a workspace that people need.

7 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

We are looking at introducing a new permission on Smartsheet assets between Editor and Admin. This new permission set will be able to update filters, column properties, and more... but will not receive access request notifications. While we don’t have an ETA for this release, we would love to hear your feedback on what this permission level should be able to action. Please add your comments below!

Comments

• meb_0101
    meb_0101 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Jessica313 @Acacia tagging you both because Jessica's discussion post last month inspired this post. In addition to my own annoyance on the issue.

• Acacia
    Acacia ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for continuing to bring it up @meb_0101! It continues to be a massive issue for us as well. Big time suck for me to have to go through the link to approve the request, see access has already been granted, go through smartsheet to find the item because the link doesn't work anymore, remove the person from the item the access was granted to, and add them to the group that we use for granting access. If the requests just came to me and my team, we could avoid wasting a lot of time for ourselves and the other admin.

• meb_0101
    meb_0101 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Acacia Absolutely! I really want to see this updated ASAP as it absolutely did not improve our experience with Smartsheet. We have an Enterprise account and have been heavily invested in Smartsheet as a company for years. However, if this isn't updated soon, it will push us to find another service.

I feel your pain. We're dealing with the same issue. It's added an unnecessary burden to teams like ours!

• meb_0101
    meb_0101 ✭✭✭
    Options

In response to the update that this is on the roadmap now (YAY!):

Why not just make it the same permission level as Admin with the only change being these users do not receive access request notifications? That would work perfectly for my company's use and I would assume make this update easier, too.