Automation generating a grouped email as well as the correct one

I have an automation that runs daily to flag overdue reviews. Each individual notification seems to send fine, but people are also getting 2 duplicate emails that seem to be a consolidated email of all the individual ones sent (Third Image). The second image is what the normal body of the email just says, which includes the name of the individual. Why are these consolidated emails sending along with the individual ones, and how do I stop them? Note: I have 5 copies of this worksheet for formula testing purposes, so they have the same named automation, but the automation in those sheets is disabled.

This is what an individual's email looks like. Because it has the name in the body, you know who you are submitting for.

Here's the body of the combined email. Because it seems to be combined, there is no indication of who the fields refer to. How do stop these combined emails from generating?

It comes in with the subject:

"Update request for Employee Info: 05 Evaluation Notice Workflow - Past Due"

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Dan Y

Can you check to see if the bottom of the email has the same Workflow ID? My guess is that there's a second workflow on one of your sheets that is set as a Time Based workflow, which would include multiple rows at once.

This should help you identify the name and ID of the workflow sending the duplicates.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Dan Y
    Dan Y ✭✭✭

They both have the same email, and both have the same time stamp. For now, I've just scrapped the update request and turned it into an alert, which combines everything into a single email with the body message for each one listed along with the name.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for that though in the future. I hadn't thought to compare that.