VLOOKUP Formula Help

Options

Hi everyone,

I have two sheets: one is a training requests log and the other is a feedback survey.

What I am trying to do is pull the "motivation reason" from the Training Requests log to the Feedback Survey sheet.

My idea for the criteria is: IF the "Name" and "Internal Course" (Training Log) match with the information from the Feedback Survey, then pull the "motivation reason" from the Training Log.

Can anyone help me create a formula that can accomplish this?

Thank you.

Answers

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could I have a screenshot? I'm not sure I'm getting the internal course part.

• Raquel Charaba
    Options

Here is the screenshot of the "Training Log". In red are the columns that I need to cross data.

Here is the screenshot of the "Feedback Survey" sheet. In the motivation column, I expect to have the data from the "What is your motivation for signing up" column.

So the name and course name need to match in order for the "motivation factor" to populate.

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Raquel Charaba

You will need to use cross sheet references in the formula. Here's an example

=INDEX(COLLECT({column reference of What is your motivation for signing up?}, {column reference of Name}, [Name]@row, {column reference of internal course}, [Course Name]@row), 1)

After you type in =INDEX(COLLECT( you will see an option to Reference Another Sheet, click on the link and create the references. You can also name your references to make it easier to know the sheet and the column you're referencing.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!