Contact List not Populating

Options

Hello,

I have created a form with a couple of fields that have the Field Type set to contact list, but when testing the form nothing populates in the field, it's as if it was set to text / number. Is there a way to have it auto populate as a user begins to type a name? Thank you.

Answers

• Shanky Paul
    Shanky Paul ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @mcervantes You would need to add your contacts to the contact field.

If you are just going to capture who is submitting a form, you can use the "Created by" column and turning on "Required Smartsheet Login to access this form" option.

• mcervantes
    Options

Thank you, @Shanky Paul. It is not to capture who is submitting a form. It is a field to capture, a responsible person for example; let's say I am submitting the form as a request to add a new product to my inventory and I want to have a field that has an employee who manages that product. I want to be able to start typing a name and the field populate a list of the possible employees, if that makes sense.

• Shanky Paul
    Shanky Paul ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mcervantes Did you tried the below option by adding all your contacts to contact field?

You would need to add your contacts to the contact field.

• mcervantes
    Options

Yes, I juts have too many contacts an thought there might be an automatic link to like an enterprise list / company directory. Thanks for the help.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!