Control Center Summary Sheet not Populating Data from Metadata

Options
SashaZ
SashaZ ✭✭✭
edited 03/25/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

After provisioning projects through Control Center, there are instances where values from the metadata in the tool kit aren't pulling through. Is this something that Cogent is fixing? I can do a work around with formulas, but wanted to see if Smartsheet expects to fix this soon.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SashaZ

I hope you're well and safe!

Try running the Update Reporting feature.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• SashaZ
    SashaZ ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Andree - thanks for the suggestion.

Each time I've tried Update Reporting, I don't see the data populate. The data seems to populate or it doesn't I'll see new provisioned projects appropriately populate the data from the metadata file into the summary sheet, and then I see another instance where the data isn't populating - even with a clear link to the metadata file with data - that data just isn't populating in the summary file.

I've used many workarounds - specifically using column formulas to populate the data in the summary file. My biggest problem is getting the launch dashboard link to show. I want the Summary field to capture the link to the launch dashboard, which is in the metadata file. I can't get a formula to bring a link over. My only workaround is to copy and paste the link from the intake file. This isn't an ideal workaround, but it's currently what we have. I'll keep plugging away, and see if I can get to the bottom of this eventually.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SashaZ

Happy to help!

Does it usually work, and is it rare that it doesn't?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Steph Quijano
    Options

We've experience same scenario too and in our case there are a lot of instances already. I've tried to update report but still the same.

• Steph Quijano
    Options

update... I just tried again to do update in control center and it works already.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Steph Quijano

I hope you're well and safe!

Excellent! I'm glad you got it working!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!