Basic Question: How Do I Add ROWS to show in a Dashboard

Options
ctalucci
ctalucci ✭✭
edited 03/14/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I feel dumb, but I can't figure out how to add up the total rows and get them to appear as a metric in a Dashboard. It's a complaint ticketing system, as a new complaint comes in it adds a row. As the rows add up I want that number (row total) to add up in the dashboard, as the ticket is cleared I want it removed. How do I do this?

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @ctalucci

KIndly give a try woth the below woraround to see if it solved your use case:

Select "Metric" as the widget type

Then navigate to configuration settings for the metric widget, you'll want to set the metric type to "Count."

Choose the sheet that contains your complaint tickets from the dropdown menu.

You may need to specify any relevant filters if you only want to count certain types of tickets

After configuring the metric widget, save your settings.

Add the widget to your dashboard.

This will solve your use case and the metric will automatically update to reflect the current count

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!

Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• ctalucci
    Options

"Then navigate to configuration settings for the metric widget"

I can't find this setting. Where can I find it?

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/21/24
    Options

Hi @ctalucci

Regret for the inconvenience and also i have sidetracked your response.

Please find the updated response for your use case

The Metric widget does not have a way to "Count" automatically in the widget.

Kindly make use of a simple COUNT formula (perhaps in a Sheet Summary field) or use a Report to Summarize and count the rows

Let me know if you need any further help on this.

Huma

Community Leader