👋 Welcome! Introduce yourself and connect with your peers in Education to receive your industry badge.

Welcome to the Education Community!

Options
2»

Comments

• Heather Newton
    Options

Hi! Happy to be a part of the group.

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? University of Virginia, Career Navigation, HR
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? Over 6 years
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? I use it to run two programs - intake and tracking clients and dashboards for real-time metrics
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? Ways others are using it to run a program - also interested in analyzing data.
  • atowal81
    Options

Hello,

I'm Ashley Towal

I work at the School.of Medocine at Southern Illinois University. I am the project (and program) coordinator within Financial Affiars for rhe school and Healthcare Practice.

I have only been using Smartsheets for about 3 months, Ive been in this position for 2 years but it took some time to get the right tools

Today I use Smartsheets dor project intake and tracking. Ive started a policies and procedures inventory and I plan to use Smartsheet to schedule a review committee for those documents

I'd like to learn how what others use Smartsheets for.

• Melitta
    Melitta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, I work at Northeastern University in the Office of the Provost. I've been using Smartsheet for a number of years but have only been with NU for three years. We use Smartsheet to manage projects with dashboards for easy reporting and to provide context to what has been completed and upcoming milestones and tasks. Our projects roll up to a portfolio dashboard. We also use it as a workflow process tool to track position requests and nominations.

I'd appreciate seeing how other universities are using Smartsheet.

• marilynh
    Options
    • Where do you work and what’s your department/role? I am Chief of Staff to the dean of the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? 3 years (some of that time in another role at another organization)
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? Forms for intake, surveys, etc. Tracking of projects (basic, rudimentary).
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? I would like to hear how other are using Smartsheet.

• Stacey Carrasco
    Stacey Carrasco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm so exciting this group is around. I'm looking forward to connecting b/c smartsheet is not widely used here on my campus, I'm trying to get more to use the tool but the buyin is tough. We have a good handful using SMAR but that's it.

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? I'm at DeAnza College, Cupertino, CA student services working in the outreach office.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? I've been using smartsheets for 7 years now and can't let it go, it's my primary tool for anything program management.
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? I use it for hiring onboarding, program tracking, conference planning.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? I'm excited to learn what others are doing and how they're running their operations for specific programs.

I'm here to network and build upon the higher ed community.

Senior Program Coordinator

De Anza College

• Kristen Christman
    Kristen Christman ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi everyone! I'm Kristen Christman, the marketing and communications project manager at DeSales University in Center Valley, Pennsylvania. I'm so excited Smartsheet has created this community for us higher education folks, and am looking forward to connecting with you all!

I have been using Smartsheet for about three years and we use it primarily to intake and track the projects our marketing and communications team manages. I presented on this during a Higher Ed User Group webinar back in March, so if you are interested in learning more about our processes I invite you to watch the recording! 

We also just onboarded Brandfolder (the DAM integrated with Smartsheet) so are excited to see how that unfolds and can make our lives easier. We came from another DAM, but were really sold on the integration between Brandfolder and Smartsheet and some of the other bonus features the DAM had to offer.

I love learning how others are using Smartsheet and am always asking questions to see if there are different or even better/more efficient ways for us to be using the tool. I'll now be wearing that hat when it comes to Brandfolder, so if you're a newbie (like us) to Brandfolder, or have been using it a while, I'd love to connect to see how other higher ed institutions use/manage theirs!

Cheers!