Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Enhancing Conditional Formatting Features in Smartsheet

Options

Dear Smartsheet Development Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to suggest an enhancement to the conditional formatting features in Smartsheet. As a frequent user of your platform, I have found that while Smartsheet offers robust functionalities, there are limitations in the conditional formatting options that hinder user experience and efficiency.

One particular limitation is the inability to apply conditional formatting to all cells on a sheet or an entire sheet at once. Currently, users can only apply conditional formatting to one column at a time. This restriction greatly limits the flexibility and efficiency of formatting large datasets, especially for users migrating from platforms like Excel where such capabilities are standard.

Given that conditional formatting is a fundamental tool utilized across various industries on a daily basis, enhancing these features in Smartsheet would significantly improve user productivity and satisfaction. Therefore, I propose the following enhancements to the conditional formatting functionality:

1. Apply Conditional Formatting to Entire Sheets: Allow users to apply conditional formatting rules to all cells within a sheet or to entire sheets at once. This feature would streamline the formatting process for large datasets and improve overall efficiency.
  2. Bulk Conditional Formatting: Introduce the ability to apply conditional formatting rules to multiple columns or ranges simultaneously. This would enable users to format data more quickly and intuitively, similar to the capabilities offered in spreadsheet applications like Excel.
  3. Advanced Conditional Formatting Options: Expand the range of conditional formatting criteria and formatting styles available to users. This could include additional comparison operators, custom formulas, and more diverse formatting options such as icon sets and data bars.
  4. Conditional Formatting Presets: Provide users with pre-defined conditional formatting presets tailored for common use cases across different industries. This would simplify the formatting process for users who may not be familiar with creating custom rules.

By implementing these enhancements, Smartsheet can better meet the diverse needs of its users and provide a more comprehensive solution for data management and analysis. I believe these improvements would greatly enhance the usability and effectiveness of the platform, ultimately leading to higher user satisfaction and adoption.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. I look forward to seeing the continued evolution of Smartsheet and the implementation of these enhancements.

6 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated