Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Editing in progress suggestion

Options
cbredehoeft
cbredehoeft ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have been using Smartsheet for many years and have built many solutions. Over the past year, my role has been to develop solutions in Smartsheet as we've launched a new department. With a new department, we have many new processes to develop and many "firsts". With so much innovation embedded in our processes, our processes are constantly improving and need to be updated. I suggest having a way to signal internal users that a sheet or dashboard is being edited. A temporary banner to say "editing in progress", "Draft mode", "Undergoing maintenance", or some editing sandbox system would be ideal. Yes, we could rename it, move it, or email blast everyone but that is disruptive and only sometimes necessary for a quick revision. I was recently asked to restructure a database I created to provide metrics to executive leadership. Most of the team knew it was in edit mode but the executive leader did not and this caused some confusion when he accessed the dashboard. It would have been great if it was clear the dashboard was being revised. Just a suggestion :)

6 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated