What's the best way to copy email addresses from Outlook to Smartsheet?

Hello, this is my first question so I apologize if it's not formatted correctly.

For months I have been able to copy email addresses directly from my "To" fields within outlook to Smartsheet when trying to share a sheet. However, in the last ~month I've been unable to do it.

Smartsheet now breaks the first and last names into separate entries and says that they do not have a valid email address.

When I paste the email addresses into word to verify format I see: John Doe<john.doe@email.com>; Jane Doe<jane.doe@email.com>

To me, it seems like the formatting is correct, so it seems to be the way that Smartsheet is interpreting this information when pasting it in.

Any help you're able to provide is appreciated!

Thanks!

Answers

• Eric_
    Eric_ ✭✭✭

Hi!

The same happened to me. I now use the email address alone, not "name <xxx>". Indeed not the best solution as you need to extract it first from outlook.

• What is the best way you've found to extract from outlook? And, when you use just a list of emails, does it pull in the names into your projects for task assignments?

Hopefully someone from Smartsheet (or another user) has another way that maybe we're missing haha.

• Eric_
    Eric_ ✭✭✭

Fortunately, I don't have to do this too often and with a lot of email adresses. Recently, when I had to authorize around 20 people, I entered all people in a dummy email, then I copied/paste the adresses from the To: field to Excel, then with a few keystrokes, I was able to get only email adresses. If you do this often, building a simple macro would probably help. However, as you do, I keep wondering if I'm not missing something obvious!