All fields on the Smartsheet form is showing despite logic being applied to all.

Options

Hello Everyone,

So I built a form a couple of months back which was working fine with logic applied to it, but suddenly today when I opened the form, I saw all the fields are shown right from the start which should not be the case.

Originally the form should only show the

Full Name

Email

Department

Request: On the basis of the request type all the logics are applied which should appear one after another.

It was working fine before, but it shows all the fields on the form now.

Attaching some screenshots

The logic is set up for all the fields, and it was working fine before.

What could have gone wrong here?

Answers

• David Jasven
    David Jasven ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have experienced this too. What I found was that hen a form suddenly starts displaying all fields at once, despite having logic applied to previously control visibility, it suggests that there might be an issue with the form's logic or a system-wide update that affected the form's behavior. Here are some common reasons this could happen and steps to troubleshoot:

1. System Updates: Smartsheet occasionally updates its platform for enhancements or bug fixes, which could inadvertently affect form functionality. Checking the Smartsheet Release Notes for any recent updates around forms could provide clues.
    2. Corrupted Form Logic: The logic rules applied to the form might have become corrupted. Reviewing and, if necessary, reapplying the logic rules to ensure they are set up correctly could resolve the issue.
    3. I would create a new form also and test one of the logics that is broken on the old form. Sometimes it's easier to pick up (view that there is) corruption of some sort.

• vishalpandey
    Options

Hello @David Jasven,

Thanks for your input. I tried doing everything, removed everything from the form

And then added them again while applying logic, but it still appears to be the same.

I am unable to see if there are any release notes by Smartsheet on the same.

Is there any other way I can try to solve it?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @vishalpandey

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to David's excellent advice/answer.

Try making a copy of the form and see if it behaves the same way.

Did the copy work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• vishalpandey
    Options

Hello @Andrée Starå ,

I did try making a copy but it still behaves the same way.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@vishalpandey

Ok. Try and make a copy of the sheet to see if that makes a difference.

Any change?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• smrtsht_user85
    edited 04/12/24
    Options

I'm facing this issue too. The form was working just fine and and from yesterday, it started to show all fields in the form which were supposed to be hidden behind a logic.

Saving the sheet as new and opening the form in the copy, I can see the form of the copy smartsheet seems to work just fine. How do I fix this in the original smartsheet form?