If, And, Or formula

Looking to calc MQLs if FY = FY24 (easy part), but each region has a different conversion rate and that's where I'm struggling.

My formula is something along the lines of:

IF ([FY]@row = "FY24"), and (or ([Region]@row is "ANZ", multiply [Lead forecast]@row * 25%), ([Region]@row is "ASEAN", multiply [Lead forecast]@row * 35%), ([Region]@row is "China", multiply [Lead forecast]@row * 26%))

but it's not quite working.

this works but I'm struggling to expand it: =IF(AND(Region@row = "ANZ", FY@row = "FY24"), [Leads Forecast]@row * 0.25)

thanks~

Tags:

Best Answer

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Julie Caliri , You may be trying to do too much with one formula. Also, taking this approach may make changes in the future more difficult. I would recommend the following steps which may seem a bit harder now but will make your solution scalable and updatable in the future:

1) Create a second sheet with two columns: Region and Conversion Rate. In this sheet, add a row for each region and then populate the appropriate conversion rate.

2) In your main sheet, add a helper column. Let's also call it Conversion Rate. In this column, create a formula using the INDEX(MATCH()) structure to look up the region from the second sheet and return the appropriate conversion rate. If you haven't done this before, give it a try by using the online help. If you can't figure it out, reply with how far you've gotten and I (or others) can help out.

3) Calculate the MQL by multiplying [Lead forecast]@row * [Conversion Rate]@Row

I hope this helps! Be well.

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Answers

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Julie Caliri , You may be trying to do too much with one formula. Also, taking this approach may make changes in the future more difficult. I would recommend the following steps which may seem a bit harder now but will make your solution scalable and updatable in the future:

1) Create a second sheet with two columns: Region and Conversion Rate. In this sheet, add a row for each region and then populate the appropriate conversion rate.

2) In your main sheet, add a helper column. Let's also call it Conversion Rate. In this column, create a formula using the INDEX(MATCH()) structure to look up the region from the second sheet and return the appropriate conversion rate. If you haven't done this before, give it a try by using the online help. If you can't figure it out, reply with how far you've gotten and I (or others) can help out.

3) Calculate the MQL by multiplying [Lead forecast]@row * [Conversion Rate]@Row

I hope this helps! Be well.

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• That worked! Thank you for the suggestion :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!