Conditional Formatting Not Working as expected

Options

I'm trying to apply conditional formatting to a sheet and it looks like it's ignoring the conditions that I've outlined.

First, when you apply more than one condition to a sheet it's an AND and not an OR, correct?

Second, these are the conditions I have set.

When I have both conditions enabled AND the date is in the next three days it ignores the date and applies it to every cell in the column where the % complete is less than 90% even if the date is more than 3 days away. I want it to only apply this formatting if the delivery date is in the next three days AND the % complete is less than 90 days. When I disable the second rule it correctly turns the font red in the Creative Request column. When I enable the second condition it should still only highlight the two cells red, but instead it turns the font of all the cells in the Creative Request column red even though the dates are more than 3 days away.

I'm struggling with what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to apply "and" logic, click the dropdown on your first condition and select "Add Condition".

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @BethWork,

Each conditional format is it's own item and works by going in order, once a criteria is hit, it applies the format and stops looking. What you want to do is add an "AND Condition" by hitting the down error in the first rule and adding in the second criteria. Here is what the rule would look like.

Hope this helps,

Dave

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DKazatsky2 Ah! That was it. This whole time I couldn't figure that out. I have gone through Smartsheets U and that was one of the modules where the videos skipped entire sections and glitched out. Thank you!