Accessibility

Options
Syed Muhafzal
Syed Muhafzal ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/05/24 in Show & Tell

Hi All,

Would love to know from all you experts if there are workarounds to this problem I have.

We currently have a checklist I have created - for project/work handover. The checklist is to be shared with our client from different org as well. That was easy.

However, our client now requests that they should be able to Save a New from the checklist template I built. As our client is not part of our organization, and I understand Save a New will require a license, that could be a problem. Maybe not so much if there is only ONE client saving it as we may be able to give out one license under our account, but it might be more than a few like 10-20.

Are there any other workarounds to this - allowing non-licensed users to save new from a template?

Thanks

SM

Brisbane/Australia

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/04/24
    Options

Hi @Syed Muhafzal

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, as far as I can see, there are a couple of options.

1. They need a license
    2. Premium App, Control Center, which can create assets automatically
    3. Make copies that are available for them
    4. 3rd-party integration, like Zapier
    5. Smartsheet API

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Syed Muhafzal
    Syed Muhafzal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Andree! These are insightful so thank you very much. And hope you are well too!

Yup - I thought as much with licenses as Saving New would mean owning the sheet.

As creating a new sheet from an existing template is not hard, I have opted for our licensed users to help with creating new sheets whenever the request came through.

Thank you

SM

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Syed Muhafzal

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.