Color coding in Calendar for multi sheets

Options

I have a calendar view on a dashboard for conferences that currently is a rollup of over 20 sheets (and growing) that roll up into a report which is published and then is a Web Content widget on the dashboard. Works great! I wanted to change the color for some of the conferences on the calendar to differentiate them. I understand that the report formatting comes from the underlying sheets so to set up the color on the calendar for a conference I would have to change the color of the task bars at the sheet level.

So I did that, using conditional formatting and the color is not changing for the conference on the dashboard calendar.

Here is a screen shots of the sheet with the conditional formatting where the color was changed:

On the report and the dashboard, it is not changing:

I can't understand what I am doing wrong. Could it have something to do with the fact that the task bars on the report/dashboard are derived from Sheet Summary start and end dates? If so, is there any way I can change the bar colors?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, @Christina C

First you need to make sure, that the Conditional Formation include also Task bar>

Ten on the sheet containing the Gantt chart you need to change settings to the field that you want to take formatting from }field you created the Conditional Formatting, e.g. Status)>

and then> Gantt Timescale Settings>

Hope this help,

Beata