Updating a row in Smartsheet from Zapier

Options

Hello,

I have an integration set up in Zapier which connects Aha! to Smartsheet.

The webhook from Aha! is providing information about new, updated, or deleted records. I am trying to use this information to add, update, or remove a copy of the record I currently store in Smartsheet.

Adding a new record is simple, but I am having difficulty when trying to "update/remove" existing records because I need to provide the "RowID" as a reference.

The only way I can access the RowID seems to be via navigating to the row properties.

I have unique identifiers within the record, but I am stuck with the provided RowID.

Has anyone else had this same issue or knows of any workarounds?

Best Answer

• ThomasHalpin
    ThomasHalpin ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a workaround via a community post on the Zapier page.

There is a custom action which is hidden within the Zapier API tools, you have to search for "Find" within the Smartsheet action.

This will then find the row for any unique value you pass into the query field, and it will provide back the RowID.

Answers

• ThomasHalpin
    ThomasHalpin ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a workaround via a community post on the Zapier page.

There is a custom action which is hidden within the Zapier API tools, you have to search for "Find" within the Smartsheet action.

This will then find the row for any unique value you pass into the query field, and it will provide back the RowID.