3 Day Reminder - Automations

Options

Hello,

I'm looking for assistance to try to get this automation to work.

I need an Alert to trigger on weekdays only and if the date in the 'Date Approval Requested to Reg Manager' field is 3 days ago. I only want it to remind them once.

Is this possible?

I used the below screenshot, but it's going to run on weekends.

Tags:

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/12/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@Dakota Haeffner_N I'd make a helper date column (named something like reminder date)that has the formula:

=WORKDAY(Date Approval Requested, 3)

This gives a date that's 3 business days after the Approval Request date, then I'd do a text helper column that has this formula:

=COUNTIF([Reminder Date]@row, TODAY())

Then do a conditional on the workflow to check if the above cell is a 1. That should ensure it's only being sent on a business day. If you want to take out holidays you could do that on the Reminder Date formula

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/12/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@Dakota Haeffner_N I'd make a helper date column (named something like reminder date)that has the formula:

=WORKDAY(Date Approval Requested, 3)

This gives a date that's 3 business days after the Approval Request date, then I'd do a text helper column that has this formula:

=COUNTIF([Reminder Date]@row, TODAY())

Then do a conditional on the workflow to check if the above cell is a 1. That should ensure it's only being sent on a business day. If you want to take out holidays you could do that on the Reminder Date formula

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• @bisaacs

Great suggestion! I'll give it a go on Monday!