Include Hyperlink in Formula where I'm pulling through the parent task?

Options

Hello!

Im my sheet I have a formula in a helper column to pull the value of the parent task into each row - our parent task is our project deliverable name and it helps to have that in line for other views / reports.

In our parent tasks, we are hyperlinking to our project brief. However, that hyperlink does not pull through in the helper column. It would be a game changer to be able to use a formula to pull down the text & the link from the parent task name.

Anyone know any workarounds?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is not currently possible. Feel free to browse the Product Ideas tab at the top of this page.

If someone has already submitted the idea, you can add your vote to it. Otherwise you can submit it as a new idea.

Either way, please feel free to provide a link here to the Product Idea so that others searching for the same thing can easily add their votes.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @chlod24

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• You can add the URL that I assume you know, but you could also use a URL-shortener service to mimic the hyperlink's name.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!