Sharing a Filter By Current user report without sharing the sheet

Options

Here is what I am attempting to do.

I have a sheet where people use a form to submit requests. These could come from anybody in the company (over 100,000 people)

I would like to have a report, on a dashboard, where these people can come in and see the status of their request.

I was hoping to create a report, filtered on current user, that would show them their submission and put that on a dashboard

Here is the issue, if I put the report on a dashboard (and set the widget correctly) it works just fine. However, if I publish the dashboard, this breaks (which makes sense, since you don't have to sign into a published dashboard). Likewise, if I publish the report itself, and embed it, it breaks.

Is there any way (aside from purchasing Dynamic View) to make this work? Is there a way to share a unpublished dashboard with my entire organization, like there is for a published dashboard (and no, I my company does not have a Smartsheet group set up for the entire company)

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @David Dolch

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, WorkApps

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå

I don't think WorkApps will work in my case, but it is a good suggestion

----------------------

Who can share WorkApps and with whom?

The owner of a WorkApp can share it with licensed users on any Smartsheet plan (internal or external to their company) at no additional cost.

To share WorkApps with unlicensed users or free collaborators, an additional purchase is required. For more information about how to purchase the WorkApps Collaborator pack, contact Smartsheet Sales.

------------------

While WorkApps is "free" for me, since we are on an enterprise plan, the issue is, not everybody in the company has a license. Many are unlicensed users. Meaning they have logins and can do the limited things that you can do without a license, because that is all they need to do.

Apparently I cannot share a WorkApp with them, unless I purchase a Collaborator pack.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@David Dolch

Happy to help!

Yes, they would need licenses or be part of the collaborator pack, or the account must be subscribed to the Advance package.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå

Yeah, what I am really looking for is a way to "Share as view only to everybody in my organization"

I know publish essentially does that, but the issue is I need the filter by user functionality, and you cannot do that with a published item.

So either:

"share as view only with my entire org"

or a better choice

"Publish but require a login"