Workflow Only Partially Working

Options

Hi All,

I am trying to troubleshoot my workflow to see what I may be doing wrong. I setup this workflow to send a reminder and then check off a box in a column after it sends. This issue is the reminder is going out but the box is not getting checked off. Attached is a screenshot of how I have the workflow setup. The column with the box was only created for this purpose, so it has no formulas or anything else going on with it. Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Answers

• James Keuning
    James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are not crazy. What you are showing should work. If I was troubleshooting I would strip it back to the basics and try to get that box to check via an automation that just checks the box. And if that works, edit the working solution to build in the actual triggers and conditions, and do that one at a time, to isolate where it stops working.

And also understand that Smartsheet automation do get corrupt sometimes and recreating them fixes whatever the problem was.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @KDev

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to James's excellent advice/answer.

• Try duplicating it and deactivating the old one.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• KDev
    KDev ✭✭✭
    Options

Really it was working and then I added the "check box" component and it doesn't want to do that. So I guess I don't understand why it doesn't want to check off the box.