Formula to count multiple cell values and their dates

Options

I am looking for assistance in creating a formula that will allow me to isolate values in the Provider/Resources cell, the Type cell and count based on Visit Date.

Below is the a snapshot of the sheet. As you can see, there are multiple names in the Provider/Resources column, as well as the Dept column. The first name in the Provider/Resources column matches the first entry in the Dept column and the second in both columns are related. I need assistance on a formula to capture and count for each name and type by the visits in a month/year.

Thank you in advance for your expertise!

Tags:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Robert Scroggins,

I think it would make creating the formula (and your life easier) if you split out the Provider/Resources and the Dept Columns into at least 3 or 4 separate columns.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by the first name matches the first dept entry and the second in both columns are related? How do they match/how are they related?

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Robert Scroggins
    Options

I am open for the best possible set-up. When the data is imported, it has the Provider/Resources and Dept. In this particular case, the 1st name in the provider/resources is the provider associated with the first dept link. In the below example, Vidal Jimenez, Natalie [966721] is associated with the DHC portion in DEPT and Foust, Christy [600084] is associated with LAN in DEPT.

I am looking for a formula that:

1. Counts the number of event types in a month/year
    2. Attributes the provider with the dept

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!