Transforming data from Oracle DB to Smartsheet grid/table via Azure Data Factory

Options

Hello,

I am looking to grab data from my Oracle DB, transform it to an acceptable data format for Smartsheet to take in, and present it in a table format using Azure Data Factory. Does anyone have any working examples, articles, etc that I could feed off of?

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @LHassler!

Thank you for posting your query about transforming data from an Oracle DB to a Smartsheet grid/table via Azure Data Factory.

While Smartsheet primarily supports importing from Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Google Sheets, and Atlassian Trello board formats directly, you can still achieve your goal using Azure Data Factory. Since the connector is owned and developed on Azure's side, you can refer to their documentation for a step-by-step guide.

It's worth noting that the connector utilizes Smartsheet's API to transfer the data, so complementing Azure's documentation with our API documentation will provide you with comprehensive guidance.

Do keep in mind that the connector is currently in preview, as mentioned in Azure's documentation. This means you can give it a try and provide feedback. If you're considering using preview connectors in your solution, it's advisable to reach out to Azure support for further assistance. 

I hope this information is helpful!

Cheers,

Isaac.