Need Help With Setting Up Automation

Options
Biiams
Biiams ✭✭✭
edited 04/26/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I can't get this automation to work. I need the Final Approval Box to change to "completed" when all 6 previous columns have the appropriate answers. "Approved" needs to be in the approval columns (3 total) and the sign off columns (3 total) need to contain a text or not be blank. These 6 columns will be filled out by 3 different people at different times. I need smartsheet to recognize when all 6 columns have been filled in and then change the approval status.

I also need the final approval date to capture the date that the final approval box changes to "completed".

Tags:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Biiams,

Could you post a screenshot of your current automation workflow? Maybe we can see what is causing the issue?

For the last question, you can create a workflow that's triggered when the "Final Approval" changes to "Approved", then use the "Record Date" block to record the date in the "Final Approval Date" Column

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!