How to set a notification reminder when a due date is coming up?

Options

I am trying to set up a sheet so that every time a due date is coming up, they get a notification the week before. I have attached a test automation sheet that I have set up, as well as the automation, but I received no email.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Alicia.

Believe the conflict is in your trigger being every Thursday and the condition.

Change the trigger to Run once and select the alert timing 1 week befoure, (there are many more past and future) then select Date field and select your column Due Date, Time can be set too. With this all set from the trigger there is no need for the condition so move straight to your alert as you have done.

Here's one we use

Hope this sorts the issue 😊

Cheers.

Forever forwards Backwards never.

Answers

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Alicia.

Believe the conflict is in your trigger being every Thursday and the condition.

Change the trigger to Run once and select the alert timing 1 week befoure, (there are many more past and future) then select Date field and select your column Due Date, Time can be set too. With this all set from the trigger there is no need for the condition so move straight to your alert as you have done.

Here's one we use

Hope this sorts the issue 😊

Cheers.

• Alicia D
    Alicia D ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jason P even though it is set to run once, will it still send out a notification every time a due date is 1 week away?

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alicia D

Sure will. You’re asking it to run once a week and it will do this indefinitely, frequency is once a week, the trigger is a date in the cell on the row. Caveat to this - If the cell date is in less than a week it won’t send the notification as the trigger (1 week) has passed. So as long as your 8 days ahead on your date your good. We have the same issue so I set a second notification with a condition. Run 2 days before the date in the same cell IF a check box in another column was not ticked.

Cheers.

• Alicia D
    Alicia D ✭✭✭✭
    Options