Trigger using changes from?

Options

Is there any way to create a trigger that uses "changes from" blank "to" any value? I am having an issue where when an employee manually changes the data in the sheet it is sending a notification because the way it is setup now it is when x changes to any value it sends the notification (this info is populated through a request an update not changed in the sheet manually except for certain scenarios) But I only want it to send the notification when it changes from blank to any value.

Tags:

Answers

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/24
    Options

One sort of workaround I can think of, if the field always starts as blank and is never blank again once it's answered: have a separate column that also starts blank & nobody touches manually. In the above workflow, add to the Conditions that that new extra column is blank, and in the workflow's Action section add an action to put some kind of answer into that extra column. Maybe the extra column is just a checkbox that gets checked only by this automation. That way, the automation will only run the first time your column was changed from something blank to an actual answer.