SUMIFS with sheet reference

Options

I've read multiple posts and articles but something just isn't work in my SUMIFS formula.

I'm trying to add the number in the Social Posts ({SPosts}) column if the Type ({Type}) is "Social" and the Team ({Team}) matches the name in my summary sheet column (Label@row).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• PCG Sam Harwart
    PCG Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try this. When referencing another sheet, you don't need to use the referenced range twice. It's just {range} not {range}:{range}.

=SUMIFS({SPosts}, {Type}, "Social", {Team}, Label@row)

Does that work?

Cheers,
    Sam

-
    primeconsulting.com | Smartsheet's 2023 Partner of the Year for North America
    Want to chat about a Smartsheet problem you're facing? Grab time on my calendar here: Schedule a Discovery Call!

Answers

• PCG Sam Harwart
    PCG Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/24
    Options

Hi @Jaime Ciabattoni,

Is Label a Sheet Summary value? If so, those are referenced with "[Label]#", not the "Label@row".

Cheers,
    Sam

-
    Want to chat about a Smartsheet problem you're facing? Grab time on my calendar here: Schedule a Discovery Call!

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PCG Sam Harwart,

When I copy the formula into the rows above the one selected in the screenshot, I want the value for that part of the formula to reference whatever value is in the "Label" column for that row (Note: The column name is not showing in my screenshot.)

For example in the row the formula lives in, it should Sum any that have "Janean" listed in the Team column of the referenced sheet. In the first row of the screenshot, it would add anyone with "Chelsea" listed in the Team column.

~Jaime

• PCG Sam Harwart
    PCG Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try this. When referencing another sheet, you don't need to use the referenced range twice. It's just {range} not {range}:{range}.

=SUMIFS({SPosts}, {Type}, "Social", {Team}, Label@row)

Does that work?

Cheers,
    Sam

-

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That did it! I swear I tried that but Murphy's Law. :)

Thank you!
    ~Jaime

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!