Automated email not showing updated smartsheet

Options

So i have an automation set up for a Sheet, triggered by date, goes out every day at 10AM est as an email to my team. However, updates we made today at 10:30AM are not included. Is there something we need to do?

Tags:

Answers

• eliweitz
    Options

Hey! Out of curiosity, can you provide a bit more on what elements of the automation email flow you're currently using? And are you providing a link back to the original sheet, or specific columns in the email? They only update usually at time of send (basically a full snapshot of the sheet at the time of triggering, in you example at 10AM), however web-based linkages shouldn't.

• karishak
    Options

So I have it set to certain columns being sent within the email. The info within some of those columns was not reflected within the email even tho it had been updated at least 30 minutes before send.

• eliweitz
    Options

Interesting… The only thing I have seen is occasionally there is staging lag for Smartsheet email automations - for one, they usually don't send on an exact timeslot, rather within 15 minutes. One factor worth trying, however, might be to use a "update request," which would request input and generate a one-off form for entry, to get in all changes prior to a given send time (in your case, maybe send the update request at 9:00 or 9:30AM). This is how we currently utilize it in our organization, however as well you could just set a deadline for updates prior to send time as well (not an efficient solution, however it might alleviate information loss as a result of staging lag).