project to products to components

Options
Alexis Kipping
Alexis Kipping ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/09/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Does anyone have suggestion as the best way to utilize smartsheet's capabilities (control center, data mesh, data shuttle, etc) assist with project management of new product development when within a single project, there are multiple SKUs and each SKU has multiple packaging components that need to be tracked through out the project. The project plan is managed at the project level. The project financials or KPIs are managed at the project level. The overall product readiness is tracked at the SKU level. The approvals of the packaging need to be tracked at the packaging component level. I'm struggling with how to potentially manage this. The intake sheet we currently utilize is at the project level, and the # of SKUs is specified, but at that stage, it can potentially change. Do i utilize control center to create on sheet for the SKUs and one sheet for the packaging components, and then once the SKUs are identified on the SKU sheet they can feed into the packaging component sheet?

Answers

• BKing
    BKing ✭✭✭
    Options

We have a large toy manufacture 'template' that gets copied for each new SKU. Lots of packaging/testing/safety aspects. Quite a bit of document handling. Might not be an exact fit but I'm happy to share the approach.

• Alexis Kipping
    Alexis Kipping ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the reply. we have our fair share of document handling as well. I would definitely be interested in hearing your more about your approach. Thank you.