Smartsheet Forward Q2 2024: New ways to unlock actionable insights

Options
Ben Canning
Ben Canning Employee
edited 05/14/24 in Product Announcements

Hey Smartsheet Community, 

It’s with great excitement that I get to share with you a number of product enhancements we’re rolling out that will make it easier to uncover, view, and understand the actionable insights in your data. That way, you can better align resources and stakeholders and more easily make smart decisions about the work being done in Smartsheet. 

From AI to new views and Resource Management — learn what our team has been up to and what’s around the corner for all of you. 

• AI: Simply ask questions about the things being tracked in Smartsheet and our AI tool will quickly summarize data, generate charts, or distill relevant metrics, surfacing the insights you need with little to no effort, or formula wizardry, on your part. Learn more.
  • Timeline view: You told us you need a quick and easy way to visualize and manage  timelines for work. We’re delivering on that with the brand-new timeline view. Learn more.
  • Resource Management: Automatically update and act on resource data in Smartsheet. Organizations will be able to effortlessly sort and group information and display metrics on dashboards for improved visibility and decision-making.Learn more.

Be sure to check out Smartsheet Forward for additional details and please take the time to tell my team what you think by sharing a comment below or submitting your product feedback and ideas.

Comments

• Will Duplex
    Will Duplex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for sharing Ben, these enhancements are really exciting! The AI integration is cutting-edge and that new timeline view looks really clean.

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thanks @Ben Canning, these are exciting updates and feature areas all around! Fun to explore and put to productive use!

Will

• BSekowski
    Options

The new Timeline feature is appreciated and can be used to generate easy to read roadmaps, well done! On the other hand, one feature that could be equally useful is the ability to generate tabs in SmartSheets. I checked on the Community Forum and saw multiple inquiries about adding tabs going back for more than two years, with no indication that it is being developed or planned. Is that on the roadmap for future enhancements?

• Ron Rizzardi
    Options

The AI assistance creating a formula is awesome. It saves me about an hour of work each time I use it.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really enjoying the generative AI feature, it saves plentiful time in doing quick analysis that otherwise takes ages! Looking forward to seeing this develop over time.