I am trying to calculate benefit eligibility dates.

Options

I need to calculate the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.

Ex. If a hire date is 1/15/2024, then I would need the formula to return 4/1/2024 (60 days after 1/15/24 is 3/15/24, so April 1st would be the date they are eligible for benefits).

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/14/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@dorypluger

Is all the information on the same sheet or seperates?

If so This works.

=IF(DAY([60 Days]@row) = 1, [60 Days]@row, IFERROR(DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row), MONTH([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1), DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1, 1)))

If you do not want it to count if the date falls on the 1st then just remove that If statement.

=IFERROR(DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row), MONTH([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1), DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1, 1)))

as shown in the final row of the screenshot.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/14/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@dorypluger

Is all the information on the same sheet or seperates?

If so This works.

=IF(DAY([60 Days]@row) = 1, [60 Days]@row, IFERROR(DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row), MONTH([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1), DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1, 1)))

If you do not want it to count if the date falls on the 1st then just remove that If statement.

=IFERROR(DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row), MONTH([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1), DATE(YEAR([60 Days]@row) + 1, 1, 1)))

as shown in the final row of the screenshot.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• dorypluger
    edited 05/15/24
    Options

@Mark.poole

This looks great!

I will make one modification for December. When month is 12, force the benefit month to be 1.

Thank you so much!!!

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!