Consolidation of Attachments from Multiple Sheet?

Options
Naeem Shehzad
edited 05/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have multiple sheet where data is coming through forms and each form has attachment option as well. My goal is to consolidate information into Master Sheet. I have successfully consolidated the information into Master Sheet but having problem with the consolidation of attachment. HOW CAN I CONSOLIDATE ALL ATTACHMENTS INTO "MASTER SHEET"?

Answers

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Naeem Shehzad, are you trying to do a one-time consolidation event to move existing attachments from multiple sheets into your new master sheet? Or are you wondering about how to gather the different kinds of attachments on a go-forward basis in your new master sheet? If the former, I think you will have to do manual reattachment of the pre-existing files (unless you can explore creating "copy/move row" automations from the old sheets to the new master (this might mean some formatting changes on your new master to accomodate each old sheet from which you want to get the files in that automation…you could just adjust the new master each time you are trying to collect from the old sheets). If the latter, it is important to remember that you can have multiple forms (each with subsets of fields including attachment and comment type) that can all collect info to be fed into your new master sheet.

Let me know if this is not understanding your question correctly.

Best of luck!

Will