Smartsheet Automation not triggering

Panjal
Panjal
edited 05/20/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I am new to Smartsheet and need help with a specific automation.

I have a sheet named : 'Project Plan' and I want the rows to be transferred to another sheet named : 'Engineering Daily Task List', when specific conditions are met.

Project Plan

Here, 'Transfer To Task List' Column is a formula column and '=IF(ISBLANK([Status Des.]@row), ".", IF([Status Des.]@row = "Start Task!", 1, 0))'

Automation:

For both the sheets, Owner is Same.

Here are my settings

If I manually trigger the automation, the row is transfered.

If I manually click the 'Transfer To Task List' Row and save, the automation works.

But, even if the 'Transfer To Task List' is auto-clicked with change in 'Status Des.' Column, the row transfer is not triggered. I check the activity log in.

Please Advise.

Answers

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Panjal,

I would recommend trying to use the Status Des. column instead of the check box column to trigger. I've had issues with forumlas triggering automations in the past.

Another option would be to set the automation to run on a daily cadence and set the condition to look at the checkbox field. It wouldn't be instant but it should definitely get the job done.

• @Dakota Haeffner

Thanks for the reply.

Well, Status Des. column is also a formula column.

=IF(OR([Target Start Date]@row <= TODAY(), (TODAY() + 14) >= [Target Start Date]@row), IF(NOT(Predecessors@row = ""), IF(INDEX(TaskComplete:TaskComplete, VALUE(LEFT((Predecessors@row), 2))) = 0, "Don't Start Task, Predecessor Incomplete", "Start Task!"), "Start Task!"), "Not Time Yet")

Can you please give an example how to set the automation to run on a hourly/daily basis.

Regards

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭

They allow for a Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly reoccurence. You just have to select 'Custom' in place of 'Run Once'.