Need a formula where the children rows = the parent rows

swaldon2
swaldon2 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need a formula that makes all the rows under PPA say "PPA" in the same column. I need the parent row name to basically fill in all the children row names all within the same column.

Tags:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @swaldon2,

In the child rows, you could use =PARENT() and drag/drop that down the column in every child row and it should copy the parent row data.

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• swaldon2
    swaldon2 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bisaacs Is there a way to do that as a column formula? Dragging and dropping the formula leads to user error and I am trying to avoid that.

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @swaldon2,

Unfortunately column formulas currently don't allow for user data input. If you make a formula a column formula, it applies to all rows in the column, and you won't be able to enter data.

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!