Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

User Activity Tracking

Would like to have a report that can be generated for a user (or all) activity report on a daily or monthly basis across all workspaces, sheets, reports, dashboards, etc.

30 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

Thank you for sharing your idea! Right now, System Admins can download a Sheet Access Report for their organization under User Management, and Enterprise Plan System Admins can also leverage Event Reporting. However an activity report like you're describing is not part of our current plan. Please keep adding your comments to this thread - hearing about your specific scenarios helps us prioritize feature requests.

Comments

• We so need this ! i have created 207 sheets and need to be able to look at stuff like this however I am not a system admin in my company but should still be able to overview all my sheets !

I would love a personal dashboard to show me my usage and where how many hours a day on average etc ... if a game can show that surely smartsheet is smart enough too :)

• Need this to show whether Smartsheet is being utilised / effective

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nicole J
    Nicole J ✭✭✭✭

As my company's SmartSheet admin, I often need to be able to see what a user has done within SmartSheet across a specific timeframe.

Now, I can only really do this if I know which particular sheet(s) that person likely accessed. It'd be most beneficial if I can select a user and date-range and see what sheet(s) they viewed, edited, shared, etc. (with timestamps).

I have a general need for this all the time, but specifically now, as I have an HR/legal issue that I need to demonstrate a user's activity and usage within SmartSheet.

PLEASE.

• I found this because I was looking for exactly this feature! We really need it right now.

• We need this functionality, so we are not dependent on system admins. This would have a major positive impact to be able to run as needed when we are viewing hundreds of projects across multiple departments.

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭✭✭

We need to know what a specific employee has done in Smartsheet today or any specific day, both for reviewing their work when needed - across all sheets - and also when searching for changes that affect multiple sheets like copy/move rows or formulas and automations linked to different sheets, if you have a single report listing all changes by a certain user, then you can see the exact trend how one action affected multiple other actions and where it lead to.