How do I write a formula that returns a circle if a PO value in another column is greater than $100

=IF(["PO Amount"] > $10, "Circle", ["PO Amount"] <$10, "Square")

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/30/24

@RPlaud

Smartsheet is intelligent enough to where you would not need the $ in your formula.

=IF(["PO Amount"]@row > 100, "Easy", IF(["PO Amount"]@row < 100, "Intermediate"))

How Ever if your Column Name does not actually have the "" in it I would remove those or the formula will not work

=IF([PO Amount]@row > 100, "Easy", IF([PO Amount]@row < 100, "Intermediate"))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• RPlaud
    RPlaud ✭✭

Thank you Mark. Does the column column properties need to have the symbol selected?

• RPlaud
    RPlaud ✭✭

Also when I put this formula in it reads #Invailddatatype

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry It took so long to reply. Yes you need to select symbol you want. IF you want circle and squares You would have to go lower down the list. Then you would put the formula in the Column that is using the symbols.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!