Cross Sheet Reference stopped working

We currently have a Pharmacy Site API reference sheet that is updated daily at 2am PT. Since its a complete rewrite, the sheet is deleted then generated every morning with the new updated site information. This master sheet is indexed across several hundred Smartsheet solutions within our company.

I have a specific sheet that has worked for the last 2 years up until 2 weeks ago.
I can see in sheet activity the cross sheet reference cell links are deleted, but the cell link updates are not done until I open the sheet and save or if an update request comes in after 2am.
No changes to our API.
POS New Site Tracker = 21 Total Range References, no reference errors

Column formulas:

=IFERROR(INDEX({Pharmacy Site Information Region}, MATCH([Site #]@row, {Pharmacy Site #}, 0)), "")

(with variations of column names)

Not at any max limits for the sheet, blanks in the IFERROR formula accounts for some sites or assets not yet assigned.
I have rebuilt the sheet entirely from scratch and no broken references are listed.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @Dina K.

If there's a change in behaviour for something that used to work for you but suddenly no longer does, this type of issue is better reviewed with Smartsheet Support directly. They'll be able to troubleshoot with you in a private channel so you can share a screen recording, sheet URLs, and more detailed information.

Thank you!
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Dina K.
    Dina K. ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Good Morning, as it turns out whatever was in the release this week fixed the bug, although nothing was in the release notes to indicate why. thank you for you note @Genevieve P. I will be keeping a close eye on them too :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!