All permissions and triggers set correctly, yet I'm not receiving reminder emails

Hello,

I have two sheets (Reminders and Shipment) in my account and both have workflows that run reminders, however, I don't get the reminder emails from the Shipment sheet. When I run the reminder workflow using the "Run Now" function, I get the email but when I run it through the trigger, I don't get the email.

Find attached my configuration below.

My permissions are set to unrestricted and NotifIcation settings are as advised by all in previous threads. See attachments below.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you.

BR,

Yemi

Answers

• Yemi A
    Yemi A ✭✭✭

Hi @Jason P

Thanks for responding to my request for help.

I went through the thread but nothing in there is similar to my case only that s/he did everything correctly but wasn't able to resolve and the resolution eventually came but no RCA identified.

Also, unlike his/ her case, I did not reference any date column in the trigger when setting up my reminder. So, the test for validity of the date column doesn't apply to me.

Also, like I mentioned in my message, the Run Now function works and sends the notification to my email but fails when it's run via the trigger. I also mentioned that this is working on another sheet in same account with same trigger setting for the reminder.

I'd appreciate any further help. Thank you.

BR,

Yemi

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Yemi A

For trouble shooting, here's a couple of things you might try.

On one of the rows that you expected to be triggered, check the cell history of your three columns referenced in your Condition. Was the data present and meeting your criteria at the time your workflow is scheduled to run?

As a test, if you eliminate conditions, one by one, will the workflow run on its own? This will help you pinpoint which of your conditions might be causing the issue.

Kelly

• Yemi A
    Yemi A ✭✭✭

Hi @Jason P,

I'd also like to add that I transferred the ownership of the workspace that has the sheet in question (Shipment) from the plan it was, which is a free plan still under the 30 day trial, to a PRO plan. The transfer was done yesterday EST time.

I don't know if this could be the reason but I just thought it is important for me to mention this as well.

Thank you.

BR,

Yemi

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yemi A

Free plans do have a limit of 100 automations per month and two sheets, that said. Start the process elimination as suggested by @Kelly Moore, 3 conditions need to line up like ducks, right click the cell and document cell history time, see if it lines up per the automation set up.

Cheers.

• Yemi A
    Yemi A ✭✭✭

Hi @Kelly Moore and @Jason P,

Thanks so much for responding timely to my challenge.

Before carrying out the tests suggested by Kelly, I decided to test the trigger of the reminder workflows from the original account I transferred the ownership from. And voila, it worked! I got the email reminders as expected.

What I then did was to recreate the reminder workflows afresh using same settings on the new owner's account and tested the trigger this time from the owner's account and it worked!

So, I guess the root cause was the transfer of ownership. I don't know why this is so, but it works now.

Thanks again for both your help!

BR,

Yemi

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Yemi A

I'm glad you figured it out - I don't believe that would have been on my radar to ask you about. Thanks for sharing your solution as I will now file that away in the back of my mind.

cheers