Track Changes in Document attachment

ljkeefe1
ljkeefe1 ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/01/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm testing a new process in Smartsheet. The process would consist of a form staff fill out and attach a memo, once submitted it will go to their division leadership for approval. There are times when leadership will have comments and revisions on the memo before they will approve. Currently, the form allows for an attachment which is great. But the only way for an approver to see it is to download it which would create an extra step. The other option is to create a proof to allow for annotations, but again, it would create an extra step. I'd like to know if there is a feature that I'm unaware of that would help me achieve what we need?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @ljkeefe1

You're correct - if a user attaches a file to the row during a form submission, this file would then either need to be downloaded or previewed as an extra step.

I would normally suggest Proofing in this instance, but it sounds like you've already explored this option.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @ljkeefe1

You're correct - if a user attaches a file to the row during a form submission, this file would then either need to be downloaded or previewed as an extra step.

I would normally suggest Proofing in this instance, but it sounds like you've already explored this option.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now