Auto- fill information from another smartsheet

How can I make my smartsheet pull columns of information from another sheet? The data I want to have duplicated is entered first on a vendor intake sheet, the two columns I want to 'link' or duplicate are a unique name and contract number (in separate columns) and I want to have them pre-populate on a contract deliverables sheet in respective columns.

I tried to reference, and it did not work. Linking did work but I cannot like that amount of cells and want it to be automatic. I tried the INDEX/MATCH… no luck. Please help.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/01/24

do you have any unique identifiers on the receiving sheet? Index match, or index collect would work if you have something on the sheet to match the information to. You could also use automation to copy the whole rows over, how ever I don’t believe that would be feasible in this situation.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!