June Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

All things for us nerds. I know a lot about NECA figures, classics from the 80s, Back to the Future, Bill and Ted, Ghostbusters etc!

Building computers has always been a big hobby since the early 2000s

Music, I am a musician and I played the drums and bass. I have been luckily enough to record several albums in my younger years.

I love learning about new things so really a lot of topics I know alittle about haha

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee
    edited 06/05/24

@Sherry Fox Recognizing the names is awesome, and I relate to recognizing the voices. From shows and movies to anime, if I've heard them before, I recognize them most of the time! It can be pretty funny with the Spanish dubbed versions too. "There is Mr. Burns speaking on Star Trek." 😆

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Crystals.

Over the years I have built up a collection of these beautiful sources of energy. I love how there is a crystal to help for anything you can think of. And believe me, I used them a lot!!

There, was that a surprise? I bet you thought I'd be going on about hula hoop tricks and moves! 🤣

• Lauri M
    Lauri M ✭✭✭

I have an uncanny ability to find things in the big box home improvement stores, better than the employees that work there, perhaps it is because II am on my fourth house. ⛏🛒🏡

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm…this is tough because I know enough about a lot of subjects (which helps at parties) but am not an expert in any of them. 😀

To name a few…

Home construction, Siding, Windows, Roofing and Gutter Cleaning (how not to fall off the roof in the process).

Yard work, types of grass, felling trees and making firewood (how not to hurt yourself).

Cat culture, spent years watching the primary momma of my outdoor clan teaching her offspring how to hunt, raise kittens and be nice to the lady who puts food out. It's quite fascinating to watch.

• Like Will here, I have degrees in Ancient Greek and Roman history along with Greek and Latin languages! It is surprisingly useful in citizen development work and communications!

• mreynolds66
    mreynolds66 ✭✭✭

If I had to pick one topic that I know a lot about it would be about gaming. I have been an avid gamer since I can remember, recently moved into game critiquing during beta testing games. I enjoy the ability to play new games and help developers learn what is happening in the games during full play through verses their bits and pieces of testing. This has also inspired me to start creating my own game and started streaming roughly 4+ years ago. This allows real time reactions to beta testing games and for viewers to have real time interactions with my critiquing.

Thank you,

Mitchell Reynolds

• Kathy N
    Kathy N ✭✭✭

Musical memory! I have the ability to remember songs I have sung in choirs and other types of performances up to 30+ years ago as if I sang them last week even if I have not sung them since. This includes dynamics, pace, harmonies, diction, etc.

• Kathy N

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

As a music enthusiast with a background in music theory, I've learnt the thoughtful impact of various instruments on our well-being. the power to transform our health, mindset, and daily routine. Here are some for glance

Piano - Eases stress and anxiety, boosts cognitive function

Guitar - Manages depression, enhances fine motor skills, fosters social connections

Flute - Improves respiratory health, promotes relaxation and mental clarity

Similarly, other instruments offer unique benefits.

Huma

Community Leader

• Absolutely love this question!

I have so many interests and hobbies!

My first love is horses. My husband was a very accomplished professional horse trainer, he passed last July, and son Trevor is a NRHA million dollar rider. My brother in law is also a Hall of Fame & million dollar rider in NRHA. Our entire family is horse crazy.

As I am not a trainer, only a rider, I am focused on genetics which goes in hand with my raising a small number of high end reining and cow bred quarter horses for competition for trainers such as those in my family. Not a large operation, considered a boutique breeder raising 2 foals per year on average, as I am ensuring each individual gets the best opportunities within leading competition programs. This fall will be very exciting as several of the foals I raised will be competing in major events in both NRCHA as well as NRHA. Following my husbands unexpected passing I have downsized to 8 horses, 3 of which are broodmares, 2 actively competing mares that will become broodmares eventually, and the remaining are young prospects that will go into programs as they are old enough.

My next passion is photography. I am not a pro by any stretch nor do I get to use my cameras as much as I would like but hoping to change that in the next year. But I believe I have an eye for it when it comes to animals. In addition to my cameras I have a DJI Mavic Air II drone that has a great camera for taking aerial stills and videos with. Pictured is a couple of my barn cats which I absolutely love. My mini panthers.

My son Matthew and I enjoy off-roading as well as shooting. Actually have a shooting range on my current property.

Travel. I have been to every state except Alaska. Have also been to Canada, Mexico, England, and Scotland. A good friend has moved to Barcelona Spain so I hope to visit there soon.

And for years owned an art studio where I created and sold commissioned pieces in various mediums for customers. I can make everything from lamps, sculptures, wood working, metal art, and even paintings in oils and acrylics. Unfortunately these are the things I no longer have time for but truly love doing. Maybe when I retire!

Thank you for the question, I am truly enjoying seeing everyone else's posts! Have a wonderful day!

Michele

• XLee
    XLee ✭✭✭

Herbalism! People who know me would know that I've learned a lot about gardening in the past few years and have become somewhat knowledgeable. What most of them didn't know is how that turned into me reading about plants in seed catalogs, and that turned into me learning about herbalism. It came at a time post pandemic, where people became easily sick, so it seems a relevant and useful area for me to jump into. I've found it interesting and am working hard to keep learning about it. There is so much history and knowledge in it!

• andi.wilson
    andi.wilson ✭✭✭

Over the years, I've learned a lot about how to dissolve stressful situations. Not only can I get myself out of stressful conversations, but I have also helped friends through tense situations. I don't know how else to explain it.

I also know about The Legend of Zelda. I'm a big gaming nerd when it comes to that particular game.

• My special talent or item I have a lot of knowledge on is Antartica. I know how to make runways on Antartica ice, build an ice igloo, and how to survive overnight out on the ice. I have survived -70 degree weather and whiteout storms where you can't see more than 5 feet ahead of you. I have been to the ice continent six times, each time spending 4-6 months living in Antartica. I've been 30 feet from an emperor penguin and white seal; seen blue lobsters and eaten lettuce grown in water. I've lived in 22 hours of darkness and 24 hours of daylight. I intentionally slide down the southernmost active volcano on Earth - Mt. Erebus. If you have any questions about Antartica, I'm your person!

• Janelle
    Janelle ✭✭✭✭✭

My topic of knowledge is Bowling. I have been bowling for 60 some years now. I was the secretary for my youth league. As an adult, I was on the local women's board. After coaching my own children, I joined the combined women's and men's board (USBC) as the Manager. I did all the paperwork, scheduling tournaments, gave out awards and ran the tournament for seven years. On top of that, I worked full time. My Grandkids started needing me, so I had to resign from the board. I miss the people that I worked with, but the payoff is getting to spend time with the Grandkids.

• DebRichardson
    DebRichardson ✭✭✭✭

One surprises topic I know about is Swimming. I competed in High School and a bit in college as well as coached for 14years. I love watching, learning and reading about this topic. It is so much fun.

Deborah L. Richardson

Research Admin Coordinator

Clinical Trial Office

Tel (603) 308-9642 | Deborah.l.richardson@hitchcock.org

Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center

This discussion has been closed.