Sharing a Sheet with a Filtered View

I have created a dashboard with multiple KPIs that are sourced from a sheet that contains all of the raw data. I want to have the user be able to click the KPI widget and view the data that falls under that specific criteria. I have multiple filters set up on the sheet with the raw data, and have linked each KPI widget with the URL that contains the appropriate filterID. For some reason, when you click on each widget, it starts to open with the correct filterID in the URL but then automatically changes it to the last used filter. What are some other solutions that would work in this scenario? I've seen people suggest publishing each view and using that link, but this is a living document with new information added every day, so the published report would be out of date quickly.

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

I've used this workflow personally- set the url in the widget to open with the filter applied , then make sure the settingssetting is also Last Widget editor: You are the widget editor in this case. Use this option if you want people to see the data in the widget as you see it, and you want it to remain the same for all viewers, no matter who is viewing the dashboard. Let me know if that works. If not we can try another route