Form not using logic despite being set up.

Options

Hi,

I have set up a form which will be filled out whenever a machine encounters a downtime period and have set up certain logic to show questions depending on the previous answer.

For example answering 'Machine' with either "EMZ 3612" or "EMZ 3610" will show the 'EMZ Downtime Type' question and so on for other machines.

I know for a fact it has been working correctly as I have filled out around 15 test forms to ensure that the Smartsheet's working correctly before I make it live.

However, yesterday, I made an adjustment so I went to fill out another form so I could see its still working but it wasn't, all questions are displaying and disregarding any logic.

I have tried searching across the smartsheet forum but everything I tried so far hasn't worked, I have tried:

• Duplicating the form
  • Recreating the entire form
  • Removing all current logic and reapplying it

I hope someone has a solution/can help.

On top of this I have just checked another form I set up and this one is also displaying all questions and disregarding the logic.

Many thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

• reubenusher
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLUTION

Turns out the sheet owner requires a license for logic to work for whatever reason.

My manager (sheet owner) was off on holiday so transferred me his license so I could work on the form in his absence, back in today and license transferred back to him and now the logic is working as it should be.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What was the adjustment you made that ended up breaking it?

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• reubenusher
    Options

@Mark.poole

Hi,

Originally I had 'PRESSBRAKE' which would display 'PRESSBRAKE Downtime Type' when 'Machine' = 'PRESSBRAKE' and also another Machine 'SALVAGNINI' which would display 'SALVAGNINI Downtime Type' when 'Machine' = 'Salvagnini'.

If 'Machine' = 'PRESSBRAKE' it would also display 'Machine No' then the person filling out the form would have a dropdown to specify which pressbrake machine had downtime. We only have one Salvagnini so no Machine No dropdown would appear, only if 'Machine' = "PRESSBRAKE".

However as our Pressbrake machines and our Salvagnini are fold machines I wanted to change the 'PRESSBRAKE Downtime Type' and 'SALVAGNINI Downtime Type' to one general drop down for downtime types which I named 'FOLD Downtime Type'.

Rather than having: If 'Machine' is any of 'PRESSBRAKE' or 'SALVAGNINI' display 'FOLD Downtime Type', I had to still keep the two 'Machine' answers' logic separate as I still want the clarity for if 'Machine' = 'PRESSBRAKE' to display 'Machine No'.

I am unsure whether its an issue with my logic or with Smartsheet itself as I have another form completely separate to this one which I am also suddenly receiving logic issues with (displaying all questions and disregarding any logic).

Both were working as they should be yesterday then in the afternoon of yesterday I tried to submit a test form and realised all the questions were showing.

Hope this answers your question

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does any location in your form have the Logic symbol next to it that is not Machine?

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• reubenusher
    Options

@Mark.poole

Yes, as I have other logic set up further down the form.

• If Machine = EMZ 3612 or EMZ 3610 I want WO / Booking Ref to display
    • If Machine = Anything else I want WO to display

Then the other logic is:

• If WO / Booking Ref is ticked to display WO / Booking Ref Number
    • If WO is ticked to display WO Number

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Try these troubleshooting steps first.

• Check the Smartsheet Status page if there are any reported issues: https://status.smartsheet.com/
    • Log out / in again
    • Try a different browser
    • Try the browsers in Private/Incognito mode
    • Test on another device
    • Test on another network
    • Clear the browser cache
    • If possible, check if other users have the same issue

If the steps above don't solve it, and If you haven't already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal and providing the results of the troubleshooting steps above.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• reubenusher
    Options

@Andrée Starå

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried everything you suggested, unfortunately none have sorted out my issue.

I raised a ticket with the support team however haven't had a response yet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you share the sheet? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Remember! Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• reubenusher
    Options

@Andrée Starå

If you could that would be great.

I have everything in place to make this live, currently delayed due to this issue.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@reubenusher

If you still need it I would be happy to look at it as well. You could reach me on Teams .

Mark.Poole@whirlwindsteel.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd be happy to! Please share it as Admin.

Remember! Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

• reubenusher
    Options

@Mark.poole

Hi,

I have messaged you via Teams.

• reubenusher
    Answer ✓
    Options

SOLUTION

Turns out the sheet owner requires a license for logic to work for whatever reason.

My manager (sheet owner) was off on holiday so transferred me his license so I could work on the form in his absence, back in today and license transferred back to him and now the logic is working as it should be.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for letting us know!

Good to know for the future!