Using form fields under multiple headers - user view

I have a form with six headers/sections. Under each are questions with logic- dependent follow-on questions (fields).

I have the same field under two separate headers/sections since it is the same question with the same help text.

Users may skip section one and only go to section two. So id like the question available to both sections.

On the underlying sheet I would like the answers to show up in the same column regardless from which section it was asked. Hence it is the same field.

Right now when I use logic to repeat the same question in a different section, the field "appears" in the first section, and the user will miss it if they are only completing section two.

Is there a setting that allows me to lock in the logic enabled field location on a form for repeat use of a field?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would need two separate fields in the form (which means two separate column on the sheet), but then you can use a third column in the sheet with a formula to grab whichever one is not blank.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would need two separate fields in the form (which means two separate column on the sheet), but then you can use a third column in the sheet with a formula to grab whichever one is not blank.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com