Form Question, send Response

Michele Rosenberg
Michele Rosenberg ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/18/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello - I have the need to create a workflow within smartsheet to track QC process on yearly letters. Today it takes three applications in order to manage the process today; Master List, Tracker and Click-up for task management. This flow goes between our organization and an outside organization and would need bi-directional capabilities. I am wondering if anyone has ever successfully managed something like this in smartsheet? Did you start with a box template? Any ideas?

ClickUp sample:

Master Tracker sample (many tabs tracking similar/same information) Thinking maybe dropdowns:

Dashboards, is there a way to put a filter within a dashboard to see all or some/one?:

1. CY2024 Escalation Monitoring 
  2. Monitoring Dashboard 
  3. CY2024 PV CR Oversight
  4. CY2024 PV CR Tracking (focus on Tasks) 
  5. CY2024 PV CR Client Status (focus on Clients)  

Checklists 8+ listings - Simple task listing linked to another sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting!

Of course, I need to know more to give better advice, but here goes.

Click-up, Excel, and checklists seem combinable in one sheet, and they use filters, Dashboards, and Reports to filter what to show.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå! I am well, I hope you are too!

I try to find ways to keep it interesting :).

Is there a way to apply a filter within a Dashboard that I have not found? Or only within reports. I would rather not create hundreds of reports filtered differently for different views.

Ex. If I wanted to see where we were for a particular client today, I know I could have a report widget to display that in a dashboard. Can dashboards be dynamic to change the client on the fly within the dashboard?

If you would like to discuss more, happy to discuss over direct email or you may ask for specific detail. I want to build this where it is easiest for the user and for the leader so want to be smart about it from the beginning.

Michele Rosenberg | E: mrosenberg@elixirsolutions.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to hear it, and yes, I am excellent!

Yes, I've developed similar solutions for clients. I've used a form to select a salesperson and submit it, and then the dashboard reloads with all the data updated to show the salesperson. I've also done it with countries, regions, and business areas. You can have the selections in a sheet and use that, too.

This would only work if multiple people don't need to simultaneously check and update what to show.

Make sense?

Would that work

Remember! Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.