Form attachment receiving error

I have a form that attachments are required. I have received complaints from multiple users and have experienced it myself that some attachments just won't attach. The error everyone receives "There was an error submitting the form. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of this form"

I created a test form that has one column to input free text and has attachments as required. The attachment is a .xlsx format, 1.20MB and currently titled Centene 24. I played around with the file attachment name to remove any special characters but that has not fixed the problem.

If I remove the required attachments and submit, it will let me attach the attachment on the sheet row.

From what I have found there is a 30MB file limit and a limit of qty 10 on the form submission. I am not exceeding these limitations. Are there other form limits I am not aware of?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

You have to attach the file directly and not through a link. You'll get that error if someone attaches a file via a shared drive.

For example, here we use Google Drive. Google Drive appears in our Windows Explorer as G:. If I attach a file from G: to a Smartsheet form, it's actually a redirected link, and the form will error.

Similarly you cannot attach from Sharepoint, Box, or any other storage platform.

Has to be an actual physical file located on your actual physical drive on your computer.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN