Update Request

This discussion was created from comments split from: Update Request - Access without Smartsheet Account.

Answers

• Alexis S
    Alexis S ✭✭✭

I am trying this process and cannot figure how to send the form for an update that will attach to the specific project. We are using an intake form, once the form is submitted, the project will be routed to the specific department for review. Once reviewed the person will need to contact the requestor to gather additional information about the project. I'm trying to have the update sent to the reviewer with the form so when they contact the requestor they can fill it out without going into the sheet. How can I have them complete this and attach it to the specific project? Currently I have one master sheet for all of the projects.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

The update request can open any of your columns for editing, so you need to have those columns available to be updated. The update request creates a temporary web form for those updates, showing the columns you've selected. But you cannot use the sheet form for update requests, it's separate.

In the text of the update request you could include a link to a form hosted on Google Drive or Sharepoint that the user can fill out, download, and attach to their update. They can attach if you've included attachments in your update request.

The update request will not, however, include existing attachments on the row unless it's triggered by the addition of an attachment. In other words, your Update Row automation has to trigger on attachment for the request to include the attachment in the notification.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN