Why does it take a long time for my report to update its alphabetical order after I rename sheets?

I have a report that I'd like to appear alphabetically. When I update the names of my sheets to reflect 1, 2, 3, etc based on the order I want them to appear, the report doesn't update sometimes until days later. Is there something else I should be doing besides refreshing, signing in, signing out, etc to get this refreshed faster? I've tried different browsers, etc and this time it took over 24 hours to change. Any help appreciated!

Tags:

Answers

• joelsmit94161
    joelsmit94161 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/05/24

Make sure that you've saved the original sheet. Then press Control - R or Shift - F5, to refresh the Report page. If you've tried this already. My apologies.

• Hi @KatherineFranklin

It can take a while for a Sheet Name changes to index across your Smartsheet instance in all areas (such as in Browse, Search, Reports, etc). However I would expect after a few hours the Report should update. I agree that refreshing both the sheets and the report should help.

If it consistently takes more than 24 hours for you, please report this to Support with screen recordings showing the difference.

Thanks!
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now