Column to column link functionality?

Hi all

What I've trying to do is link the primary column from sheet 1 to the primary column in sheet 2 so that when new values are added in sheet 1, they're reflected in sheet 2. I'm currently using cell to cell link, but each time new values are updated, the links need to be as well. I can't find anything about columns in workflow automation, only entire rows. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Answers

• Protonsponge
    Protonsponge ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @1_hunnid_dollars

If your sheet has a unique ID column you could use index collect to bring over the information in sheet 1 to sheet 2 with a column formula such as =INDEX(COLLECT({-Sheet A- Primary Column}, {-Sheet A- Unique ID}, [Unique ID]@row), 1)

Sheet 1 -

Sheet 2 -

If you have access to the premium app Datamesh, you could look to do it using DataMesh also.

Protonspounge

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @1_hunnid_dollars,

If you set up a Copy Row Automation when rows are added to Sheet 1 you can get the data in Sheet 2.

Note this will add all the columns from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2, so if there any you don't need on Sheet 2 you can simply hide them.

If the data in the Primary column in Sheet 1 will change over time AND that change needs to be reflected in Sheet 2 I would turn the Primary column of Sheet 2 into a lookup formula.

Depending on what you are trying to do it might also make sense to just use 1 Sheet and build reports off of it, but I'm not sure without knowing more about what you are trying to accomplish and the reason for the 2 Sheets.

Hope this helps!

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!