How to Display Contact Names in Dynamic View Export

Clair W.
Clair W.
edited 07/04/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I created a dynamic view that includes a Contact List column. When anyone exports the dynamic view, the contacts from the Contact List column appear as email addresses, not names. Is there any way to export the contact names, not the email addresses?

Best Answer

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have found that Pivot doesn't play nice with Contact List columns, so the workaround I have seen that works is to make the Contact List column multi-select as an option. I haven't ever tried to allow people to export Dynamic Views (in point of fact, I go out of my way to try to avoid people doing that), so it might be that simple to do. Not sure though.

If that trick doesn't work, there's a workaround. In the data source sheet, just include a Text/Number column with column formula =[Contact Name]@row and surface THAT column in your Dynamic View as the name that would show in exporting - you'll preserve the Contact List column for use in Current User filtering.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer.  I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" buttons are much appreciated. Thanks!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have found that Pivot doesn't play nice with Contact List columns, so the workaround I have seen that works is to make the Contact List column multi-select as an option. I haven't ever tried to allow people to export Dynamic Views (in point of fact, I go out of my way to try to avoid people doing that), so it might be that simple to do. Not sure though.

If that trick doesn't work, there's a workaround. In the data source sheet, just include a Text/Number column with column formula =[Contact Name]@row and surface THAT column in your Dynamic View as the name that would show in exporting - you'll preserve the Contact List column for use in Current User filtering.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer.  I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" buttons are much appreciated. Thanks!

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! The multi-select didn't work, so I went with surfacing a "copy" column with the formula you recommended. I was planning on doing something like this, but started to over-engineer it (using automation instead of a simple formula…ha). Thanks for the easy fix!